I suggest you read my first post to gain an idea of why I'm doing this blog!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Rockin it out!

In case you didn't gather it from the title - I am kicking serious butt today! Oh yeah!  Woke up around 9 ish this morning and after getting ready for the day I had some Rice Chex for breakfast.  Last night I went to the grocery store so I have a bunch of really healthy food in apartment now.  Question though - can you guys all chip in with yoru favorite types of apples?  I bought Granny Smith because I like that they're 'crunchy' and tart - Red Delicious are too mushy for me, and sorta too sweet.  BUt what are like Fuji Apples, Jazz Apples, Etc?  I like Chex - but it was a hard decision at the store between Rice, Whole Wheat, and Corn.  Rice had the least amount of calories, but also the least amount of Fiber and Protein.  Anyone have a take on calories vs. other nutrients?

Anyway after breakfast I rode my bike to the campus post office to mail some packages I sold on Half.com and pick up my package - which happened to be my BRAND NEW BENTO BOX! I'm so excited because it is SO awesome!  I cannot wait to start taking cold lunches so  I could use it.  For a snack I used my brand new apple corer and 1/2 of one of these cool personal caramel packets (Low-fat).  I'm allergic to fruit (it used to be much worse but I'm growing out of it) so having it with caramel helped the tingle go down a bit.  What are your favorite fruits to snack on raw - or maybe with a little additive - and also your favorite veggies.  I bought celery and broccoli, as well as some yummy salad.

After my snack and watching my favorite TV show (King of Queens) I went to the gym to work out for 50 minutes.  20 of those were spent on the Eliptical and then the other 30 on a bike.  I burned over 450 calories!  Yeah!  Now I am going through my iPod and creating a work out play list - because I can tell that I get unmotivated as I go through to find a better song. I'm pretty beat now - so no strength training for me - perhaps some lunch...

Thanks again for your support everyone!  It really does mean more than you can imagine!

3 comments:

  1. I don't really like apples, so I'm not much use, but my boys like the Fujis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuji's are really good...and I like Gala apple, too. For cooking and baking, i use Granny smith the most. As far as other raw fruits to eat...I am a white peach fanatic...can't get enough of them when they are in season.

    I am so jealous of the BENTO BOX!!.. I have been trying to find the "right" one for about a month now. Not that i can't find one...i am just so picky about it for some reason.

    Sounds like the working out is going well. That is great. Keep it up. the more you do it, the more you will want to keep doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Luna good Job!!!! My name is Brittney. Im 18 years old and i am on a weight loss journey. I am obese and trying to loose a whole person (100 pounds) I am looking for some supporters. I would love to support you as well! You can fallow me at http://skinnybrinney.blogspot.com/. I just started my blog today. I look forward to supporting your journey! Keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete