I suggest you read my first post to gain an idea of why I'm doing this blog!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day of thoughts

Today - since it's my last day of break - I'm writing to you with a Double Chocolately Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks.  Oh yeah, you better believe it!  Though I have to blame one of the writers of the blogs I follow - 'Spee' - who has been making me crave these since he writes from Starbucks all the time!  His blog is hilarious - check it out http://spee2010.blogspot.com.  No caffiene - I don't drink coffee due to religious reasons, but it's amazing!  I have to admit though - all I've been doing today is thinking, so I thought I'd express some of my thoughts!

OK so for one, I'm sick and tired of these diet products trying to make you believe that you cannot lose weight on your own - just by living your lift.  You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on overpriced - under flavored diet foods or on useless and dangerous diet pills just to lose weight.  In my mind, we're sort of ruining the original 'American Dream' by trying to achieve the new 'American Dream' of looking perfect.  I have always imagined the American dream (or maybe just my dream) is marrying an amazing guy (I have one in mind...) and having a happy life with him and your kids and cooking them meals - not serving them some frozen dinner that you bought from the TV to keep your family fit.  Then you sit at the dinner table and discussing your day - and you get exercise by going for family walks or whatever.  I'm going to lose weight by cooking my own dinners - eating smaller portions - and yeah - working out.  Take that Nutrisystem, Atkins, and Slimquick!

Another thought: which is worse?  Juices that have 0% juice and God knows how many calories/fat/sugar/etc.  or Diet Sodas that have guaranteed 0 Calories, but are carbonated.  And on top of that - why do people always associate a Diet Soda with dieting?  You know why I drink Diet Coke?  Because I despise the overly sugary taste of regular Coke.  I hate how people try to joke about the irony of eating say - anything but a salad and Diet Coke, it's ridiculous!  Take that America!

Have you ever wished you could live your life to the lyrics of a musical?  I honest to goodness have - and the musical of choice?  The Fantasticks!  I LOVE that show beyond belief, and the fact that when I saw it in the Off-Broadway Production on Broadway that starred Nick from The Amazing Race doesn't hurt (the soundtrack I have also features him).  I love that show - it is the perfect love story with humor and irony.  Listening to the song 'Soon It's Gonna Rain' today made me giddy and twitterpated and reminded me of Johnny.  It's one of those plays that with the songs I cannot help but sing along to - and then listen to again and again and again!

Speaking of Johnny, I am SO confused right now!  Like ok - we have been going on dates for well over a month and I think he likes me.  Like on our last date he picked me up and even though we went because I had 2 free tickets, he paid for both.  YEah - we haven't ever held hands - but I just don't think he's a hand holding guy!  I mean he's very secluded - we know each other from church and I'm the only one in the congregation besides his brother and a select few guy friends that even knows him.  And yet he always saves me a seat - stays late to talk to me - teases me all the time - and (yes I know this sounds weird) but makes cute faces at me whenever I walk into a room or walk pass him. Of course I always stick my tongue out at him (as my heart flutters).  He is honest with me - whenever I go to his house for whatever reason he invites me in and I end up staying and talking for at least 30 minutes.  I dreamt about him last night - except we were really dating and totally able to kiss and stuff - which isn't how it is now.  HELP ME!  Even if you lie when you're telling me that he likes me - but I REALLY want him to like me!  Why would he talk to me and no other girls in the ward if there weren't remote feelings, right?  I know he wants to move slow - and I can't blame him since I'm shy too and guys who move too fast scare the crap out of me.  I think of him all the time.  Ok not ALL the time - but often - but not creepy stalkerish often.  Sorry - it may just be a mixture of low self-esteem and afraid of misinterpretting things because of being desperate - but it's also frustrating that I don't know.  Haha - I'm not usually this odd - I'm just thinking.. and needing to vent - and thats one of the reasons for blogging right?  Awaiting your comments!

2 comments:

  1. Luna Girl....thanks so much for the shout out and the very kind words about my blog....i truly do appreciate it. I , too, love reading YOUR blog posts. And I hope everything comes around with you and Johnny... i find it very refreshing that some people still take things slow and get to know each other before jumping head first into a relationship. Keep Smiling and Keep Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly....you need to be straight up with him and ask him whats going on with yall. I mean, I HATE having speculation and questions about whats going on. It's hard to bring things like that up, but it's better to know now than to keep drifting along in confusion day after day after day. Because if he's not trying to date you, that free's you up to find someone who DOES want to date you. Know what I mean?

    That starbucks sounds pretty good lol. I won't be getting once myself, but I'll live vicariously through you on that one. mmmm!

    http://experimental-happiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete