I suggest you read my first post to gain an idea of why I'm doing this blog!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oops! Missed one!

OKOK I know - I didn't post yesterday - but that's because I didn't want to admit my laziness (which includes sleeping in well past 10 and working on my online job for a while).  But - I did eat Lean Cuisines for my meals, which helped lower the calorie intake!  And at work - I worked the oven most of the time, which is basically like a sauna.  You get the heat of the oven and the pizza warmers (they keep the pizza warm while the drivers get ready to get it or we wait for the in stores to get there).  Plus you're picking up pizzas from the ovens, and they aren't exactly light, and then you're cutting them, and you're sweating the entire time.  I actually have to go outside when we slow down for a 'smoke break' (I don't actually smoke, so I go out with my Nalgene and rehydrate).  You know it's hot in your work place (and you live in Idaho) when you go out into below freezing weather in a short sleeved shirt and it feels good.

Speaking of my Nalgene, I mine as well tell you about it, since it's my best friend ever!  I'm sure you've heard of Nalgenes, they're awesome water bottles that are usually used by like mountain climbers or campers.  They hold 32 ounces of liquid.  It is perfect for a clutz like me because they're basically unbreakable.  Seriously - I had a bored friend run over it with a car, and it didn't break until the 2nd time he ran over it.  Awesome huh?  I have dropped mine so many times from so many different heights I can attest to it.  It's great because I live in a desert, so it is definitely helpful for keeping hydrated (and as a musician it's VERY imporant to keep hydrated).

So I won't lie, I will probably be lazy again today- just because I want to get some flute practicing in and I have to work at the pizza place again toda.  The good news is - today is the last lazy day!  I get to move home to my college town tomorrow!  So moving in will be quite the work out, since I live on the second floor with no elevator or anythying.  I'll get to do some grocery shopping and real cooking starting tomorrow too!  Plus I get free access to an awesome gym there - so I can hit the college gym and really get some sweating with cardio and weights! 

Thanks for your support!  For the record - I do not skip breakfast on purpose, I just end up sleeping in and I have to eat an early lunch because I have to eat an early dinner so I'm not starving at work.  The really healthy eating will start next week - when school starts!

3 comments:

  1. Free access to a gym would be awesome! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Luna!! I guess we can let one day of not blogging pas ...this time. :) Nothing wrong with having a lazy day every now and then, so enjoy them when you get them. Also, good for you to be able to stick to a diet plan while working in a pizza place... not sure I could do it everyday. Sounds like you are doing well though... keep it up!!. And thinks for the king comments you left me on my blog... very much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete